Young Voices and the Reason Foundation are excited to announce a new partnership aimed at highlighting excellent libertarian writers under 30: the Young Voices Award. A $2,500 grand prize will be given to a policy writer or journalist at the Reason Media Awards, to be held at FreedomFest in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 14th.
Nick Sibilla, Institute for Justice: Nick is a writer and legislative analyst for the Institute for Justice, where he frequently covers civil forfeiture, occupational licensing, and other government schemes that violate individual rights. His writings have appeared in many high-profile outlets, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Forbes.com, the New York Post, Barron’s, The Guardian, Slate, Wired, Reason, and numerous newspapers nationwide.
Brittany Hunter, Foundation for Economic Education: Brittany is an associate editor at the Foundation for Economic Education. Brittany often takes a millennial approach to her writing, hoping to show her peers how much they rely on free market marvels, like the sharing economy, in their daily lives. Previous to FEE, Brittany was a spokesperson for Generation Opportunity, where she made frequent speaking appearances about millennials’ attitudes towards capitalism.
Nolan Gray, Market Urbanism: Nolan is the policy director for the Center for Market Urbanism and a grad student pursuing a Master’s in City and Regional Planning at Rutger’s University. Nolan is a rising star in the world of market urbanism. His work has appears frequently in CityLab, a division of The Atlantic, as well as MarketUrbanism.com.
I look forward to seeing Nick, Brittany, and Nolan in Las Vegas and hearing their perspectives about the future of libertarian journalism.
- Entries will be accepted from March 7th to April 6th, 2018.
- The Young Voices Award is open to all writers under the age of 30 anywhere in the world; writers need not be full time journalists or associated with any specific publication.
- Finalists are expected to participate as speakers at FreedomFest, to be held July 11-14th, and attend the Reason Media Awards at the conference. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided.
- Entries must be submitted through the online entry form on Young Voices’ website.
- Entries must include between one and three articles or radio/TV/video broadcasts.
- To be eligible for consideration, the entry must meet the following criteria:
- It must be available online or have been distributed widely in print or via broadcast.
- It must have been released between March 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018.
- It must not exceed 5,000 words in total.
- It must be published in English.
- Authors can nominate themselves or be nominated by other people.
- Articles commissioned, edited and/or placed by Young Voices or Reason are not eligible for the award.