Young Voices and the Reason Foundation are excited to announce a new partnership aimed at highlighting excellent libertarian writers under 30: the Young Voices Award. A $2,500 grand prize will be given to a policy writer or journalist at the Reason Media Awards, to be held at FreedomFest in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 14th. Entries are now open, and three finalists will be selected in April to participate as speakers at FreedomFest and attend the awards dinner.
- Entries will be accepted from March 7th to April 6th, 2018.
- The Young Voices Award is open to all writers under the age of 30 anywhere in the world; writers need not be full time journalists or associated with any specific publication.
- Finalists are expected to participate as speakers at FreedomFest, to be held July 11-14th, and attend the Reason Media Awards at the conference. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided.
- Entries must be submitted through the online entry form on Young Voices’ website.
- Entries must include betweeen one and three articles or radio/TV/video broadcasts.
- To be eligible for consideration, the entry must meeting the following criteria:
- It must be available online or have been distributed widely in print or via broadcast.
- It must have been released between March 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018.
- It must not exceed 5,000 words in total.
- It must be published in English.
- Authors can nominate themselves or be nominated by other people.
- Articles commissioned, edited and/or placed by Young Voices or Reason are not eligible for the award.