THE DEADLINE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS NOW PASSED. THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN MID-APRIL.
Are you a current college student with a pro-liberty perspective that’s underrepresented on your campus? If so, Young Voices’ Campus Pundit Program can assist you in acquiring a published work through a one-time op-ed editing and placement opportunity.
As an added benefit, all Campus Pundit submissions count as entries into our first ever Campus Pundit Scholarship competition. Three winners and five honorable mentions will receive a monetary scholarships of up to $1,000:
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- Honorable Mention (x5): $50
Here’s how the program works in three easy steps:
- Submit an unpublished op-ed draft (500-800 words) to email@example.com for Young Voices’ staff to edit.
- Google Docs are preferred, but Microsoft Word documents are also accepted.
- Please include your school name, the degree you’re pursuing, and your expected graduation year in the body of the email.
- After editing, Young Voices will provide guidance on how to pitch to your student newspaper or local publication. We may even pitch on your behalf if we see a strong potential for the piece!
- If published, submit a link or photograph of your published article to firstname.lastname@example.org, and Young Voices’ staff will consider the piece as a submission in the Campus Pundit Scholarship competition.
Draft entries are open from Monday, February 5 to Friday, March 31, 2018. Young Voices will announce the scholarship winners in mid-May. Previously published articles are not eligible for the award.
Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies in the United States. This opportunity is not available to high school students. Young Voices reserves the right to deny entry to any applicant, for any reason.